3 Skincare Benefits of Moringa Powder and How Make Your Own Moringa Powder Face Mask
By Jennifer Athey |
Moringa powder is the miracle plant for its highly condensed profile of nutrients and vitamins. A single tablespoon of the stuff contains a whole whopping 60% of your daily recommended iron intake! Moringa benefits from its rich antioxidants and vitamins A, B2, B6, C. organic makeup. Lets go over why moringa powder is great for your skin and how to make your own moringa face mask (recipe at the bottom)!
1. Brightens your skin, erases acne scars and dark spotsMoringa powder is full of vitamin C. Actually, it contains 8 times more Vitamin C than oranges! Vitamin C helps reduce the appearance of sunspots, dark circles under your eyes, and acne scars. It helps restore your skins moisture barrier, locking in the moisture your skin needs to look fresh and feel soft. Vitamin C also encourages collagen production.
2. Reduces and prevents signs of aging by increasing collagenCollagen is responsible for how well your skin retains moisture and improves its elasticity. As you get older, your body stops producing as much collagen, leaving your skin looking rough and dull. Anti-aging products typically contain collagen peptides because it smooths out those fine lines and stubborn crows feet. Participants in this study showed significant improvements in skin smoothness and reduced wrinkles after using moringa powder in their skincare. Moringa’s high content of vitamins helps stimulate collagen production.
3. Evens out your skin tone and reduces redness
Moringa is full of antioxidants, which have anti-inflammatory properties. How does that help your skin? Those red patches on your skin are due to your skin being inflamed and irritated. Skin conditions such as hives, eczema, or psoriasis make redness even more apparent. Moringa powders anti-inflammatory properties help soothe irritated skin and give you the even skin tone you’re looking for!
Now that you know why moringa powder helps your skin, it's time to learn how to add moringa powder to your own skincare routine! Read on to learn how to make your own at-home moringa powder face mask.
How Make Your Own Moringa Powder Face Mask
- 1 tablespoon of Oringaa, Pure Moringa Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Munka Honey
For Oily Skin
- Add 1 teaspoon of with hazel
For Dry Skin
- Add 1 teaspoon of rose water
Step One: Combine your ingredients
In a small, bacteria-free* bowl, combine honey with moringa powder. If your skin is on the oily side, add in the witch hazel to help cleanse your skin of the excess oil. For those with drier complications, add in rose water for extra moisture. After mixing your ingredients, it should reach the consistency of a fine paste.
Step Two: Wash and tone your face
Don’t skip your toner! Not only can toning your skin help remove dirt and impurities plugging your pores, but it also adjusts your skin’s pH level to make it more receptive for taking in any active ingredients like Vitamin C found in Moringa.
Step Three: Let sit for 15~25 minutes
Apply an even layer to your face after cleansing and toning your skin.
Step Four: Rinse thoroughly with warm water and gently pat dry your face
Avoid using super hot water when washing your face. Hot water is more likely to dry out your skin. Being gentle is essential! Your skin’s elasticity is fragile, don’t overdo it with harsh rubbing, which can make those fine lines even more apparent.
Step Five: Let us know how it turned out!
Comment below or tag us on instragram @miracleinthegreen! Need more tips on how to make your hair shine? Check out guide on How to Use Moringa Oil For a Hair Treatment!
*Make sure to wipe down and clean your bowl before adding any ingredients. You do NOT want to add any nasty bacteria to your skin. Doing so can cause acne or inflammation.
Love + miracles,