Easy, Healthy, and Heartfelt Moringa Recipes for Mother's Day
By Angela Ilagan | | easy moringa recipes, healthy recipes, homemade recipes with Moringa, moringa recipes, mother's day recipes, recipes for mother's day
There's no better time than now to make every moms in your life be at their best health with the goodness of Moringa.
Moringa is known to be one of the most nutrient-dense food in the world. Studies have shown the positive potential of Moringa in treating and preventing various diseases due to its multiple health benefits. This includes a rich amount of anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
So, splurge her to healthy and delicious meal with these Mother's Day recipe ideas. And these recipes are even made healthier with Moringa.
Moringa Steamed Cake
You won't sweat much making this healthy sweet Moringa recipe. It's soft and fluffy texture would relieve your stress away. Plus, Moringa powder gives a healthy twist into this steamed cake.
1 cup cake flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour or coconut flour
Almond milk/ coconut milk
1 cup white sugar or honey
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl
- Add 3/4 cup of water
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract
- Mix all together until well combined
- Pour the moringa batter in the greased molder until about 3/4 full
- Steamed the batter in the steamer or oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, you may top it with cheese, or fruit and steam it again for another ten minutes or until the batter is cooked.
Tip: To know if the steamed cake is already cook, see if the toothpick or fork inserted on the cake comes out clean .
Serve and enjoy!
Buttered Shrimp with Moringa
Make the classic Garlic Buttered Shrimp into a healthier version with Moringa powder! This is a perfect recipe for Mother's Day. Who doesn't love shrimp anyway? Not to mention, it's easy to cook and prepare.
1/8 unsalted butter
8 cloves of garlic, peeled
rock or kosher salt and pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Tossed shrimp in the pan with the unsalted butter, minced garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and pepper
- Cook for 5-8 minutes over medium heat, or as soon as your shrimp turn pink and nontransparent.
- Top with chopped parsley and sprinkle Moringa powder for a healthy twist
Avocado-Potato Salad with Moringa
Let's make this healthy dish even more healthier with Moringa! Avocado which is a super healthy food, due to it's high content of monounsaturated fat, folate and Vitamin E — and also, Moringa, an excellent source of anti-oxidants. What a perfect twist to this healthy salad.
3-4 cooked potatoes
1 avocado, diced
1/4 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/4 finely chopped spring onions
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
cilantro for garnish
- Cut boiled potatoes in half. Chopped avocado in square. Place in a bowl. Combine avocado, lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle Moringa powder and cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Love + miracles,