Garlic is one of the greatest natural sources for amazing health benefits. It can be consumed cooked or fresh. It is most easily included in your food or can be eaten on its own. One thing I always struggled with was the odor. But I have found that chewing a sprig of parsley after eating garlic helps to combat the aroma of garlic breath! Consuming too much garlic in large doses can be detrimental to your health. The recommended dosage of two or three for adults and half for kids should be adhered to. Garlic permeates your bloodstream which is why it is so effective. Garlic will also leave your body through your pores and will leave body odor if consumed in high amounts.
7 Awesome Health Benefits of our Garlicky friend.
1. Garlic strengthens the immune system as well as helps to fight chest infections, coughs and congestion. In the winter months garlic is a great food to boost your immune system and ward off colds and flu.
2. Often called the antibiotics from nature, garlic contains Allicin is a natural antibiotic. WWI soldiers even apparently used crushed garlic on infected wounds suffered in battle.
3. Garlic contains vitamin B6 which is said to have cancer fighting abilities. Tumor of various types of cancer such as bladder cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and stomach cancer have all been shown to have their tumors reduced when treated with garlic.
3. Garlic contains high vitamin C which treats scurvy. It is also rich in many minerals such as calcium, sulfur, phosphorus and iron.
4. Garlic contains high levels of iodine which makes it a very effective treatment for hyperthyroid conditions.
5. Garlic has been know to help with Impotency.
6. Reduces cardiovascular disease. LDL cholesterol is no friend of garlic and the aortic plaque deposits that gather on the walls of your body’s veins can be reduced with the use of garlic too. Studies have shown the amazing benefits of taking garlic in relation to heart disease.
7. Garlic regulates blood sugar as it enhances the level of insulin in the blood and so it great for diabetics.
RECIPE FOR COLD
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Directions: sauté garlic in oil for about 5 mins
Take a teaspoon to ward off cold.
Take as often as needed until cold is gone
RECIPE FOR HERPES SIMPLEX
Herpes simplex usually occurs in the region around the lips.
1 clove garlic
Directions: Crush and let sit on the lips for 10 minutes. Remove and rinse with warm water. Repeat 5 times and within 12 hours herpes will disappear. Repeat as often as it appears until completely cleared.
(This recipes do not intent to diagnose, treat or cure)
Love + miracles,