10 ways to Happy
By Ify Nwobi | | 12 ways to happy, happy, Life, on purpose life, purpose driven life
After many years of struggling with understanding people, the hurt and pain that came with being misunderstood. Dealing with life’s ups and downs, I decided that all I wanted was to be happy. So, I started searching for happiness and this is what I found.
1. Wake up with GRATITUDE. There is so much to be thankful for. Think of 5 things you are grateful for every morning. If you are alive and breathing, that’s one. Many people are not. If you have food to eat, that’s another one. Many do not. You have a car to take you from point A to B. Yay! Many have to walk long distances to get from one place to the other. I have given you 3 already.
2. MEDITATE on how you want your day to be – Command your morning. Starting your day in the right frame of mind is Key. The way you start is the way your day becomes. So start by proclaiming great things for your life everyday.
3. THINK happy thoughts. Your mind is a battleground. There’s always a war between good thoughts and bad thoughts. There are a godzillion negative things you can think about but focus on thinking positive thoughts even when they do not line up with the events of your day. Say the opposite of the bad event happening at any given time. If you are broke, say I am rich. If you are sick, say I am healed. If your day is not going as well as you want, say I am having a great day. As you keep thinking these positive thoughts, the positive will eventually over-power the negative and what you have been thinking and saying will come to pass. Remember, you are the master of your life. What you say is what you get.
4. GIVING makes you happy because it gives you a feeling of accomplishment. The only problem is people expect to get back where they have sown. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. You always get back a hundred fold but not necessarily from those to whom you gave. So really it doesn’t matter where the reward comes from but there is always a reward when you give. So GIVE.
5. FORGIVENESS is healing and uplifting. Forgive yourself and forgive others. It is almost impossible to be happy with unforgiveness in your heart. Dealing with people can be an uphill task because there are some people that are impossible to please. There are people who go out of their way to cause you a little bit of distress. Make it a conscious duty to not let those people get into your skin. This is paramount because once you let them, they’ve got you.
6. BE JOYFUL – Being joyful is when you have no cause to be happy but you are happy anyways. This is most reflective during sickness or loss or when things are not going so well. Moving with joy is the secret to overcoming obstacles because you are not letting the events of your life dictate your state of mind. That state of mind is key to your healing and the eventual turning around of events.
7. BELIEVE in yourself. Many people allow their past to rule their life. This prevents them from moving forward and another chance. The past is the past. Embrace your present and your future. There is so much in store for you.
8. Are you having FUN with your life? The more fun you have the happier you will be. Have fun on purpose. Save and travel the world. Run around and be silly with the kids. Take a vacation. Go on a date with your spouse. Just have fun in life as much as you can. Life is way too short not to and it makes you feel so good.
9. SLOW DOWN it’s not a race, it’s a journey. Soak it in. Smell the roses. When was the last time you admired the beauty of the blue skies? Or nature in its majesty. You are racing past all the good stuff only to get to your destination and find that you just made it in time to race to another destination. Enjoy the journey that is LIFE.
10. LOVE – This is the greatest gift of all. If you have lost the ability to love, get it back. It’s so crucial. The love you give is the love you get. If you are not loving chances are no one is loving you either. Being loved brings us so much happiness. It’s just unimaginable to not be loved.
The post 10 ways to Happy appeared first on Miracle in the Green.
Love + miracles,