Dr Omada’s Testimony
Dr Omada’s Testimony
Moringa oil is an absolute miracle ingredient and very little is known of it. Moringa seed oil is the oil extracted from the mature seeds of the tropical wonder plant, Moringa Oleifera. But research has shown that it is a prized beautifying oil which possesses moisturizing, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, nourishing and anti-aging properties. Moringa oil has 18 essential amino acids, chlorophylls, omega-3 fatty acids and anti-inflammatory substances.
The great thing about Moringa oil is that it is an incredibly stable oil and does not go rancid for years mostly because of its high levels of antioxidants and its inherent antiseptic qualities.
10 benefits of Moringa Oil:
1. Helps your whole body glow.
2. Can be used as a face and body moisturizer.
3. Filled with microbial and anti-fungal properties that help skin heal itself.
4. Gets rid of dryness, especially around areas like cracked feet, elbows or even eczema patches.
5. Excellent for cracked, dry lips in the winter and even sunburns in the summer.
6. Reduces the appearance of scars. Apply moringa oil to burn areas for quick relief.
7. Can be used as a hair mask.
8. Can be used as a makeup remover.
9. Can be used as an exfoliator.
10. Can be used as a nail softener
For Internal & External Use. Take 1-3 teaspoons daily with food or as directed by a healthcare professional. Can also be drizzled over a salad or blended into a smoothie. Massage externally into affected area daily.
I am so excited to tell you what’s cooking in the ‘Miracle in the Green’ kitchen. This will explain why I have been missing in action. Miracle in the Green is formulating an ‘all natural” skin care line from scratch, no bases, no private labeling all from scratch. A lot of work but so worth it.
I will love for you to accompany me on this journey. One fantastic way to engage you is by writing about some of the ingredients that will feature in these products. I hope you find this informative. Since our products are all natural, you’ll find that most of the ingredients not only nourish the skin but also are edible. One of them is Green Tea.
WHY GREEN TEA?
There are many other amazing ingredients but I decided to start with Green Tea because its one of the popular ones. I am a Green Tea drinker myself and I love it. However, Green Tea is also amazing when used on the skin.
We chose to put Green Tea in our products because it’s been a popular beauty remedy for generations. A great facial cleanser it’s often called liquid jade because of its powerful health benefits, it prevents wrinkles and is anti-inflammatory. Green Tea is a rich source of Epigallocatechin Gallate, or EGCG, widely regarded as one of the most powerful antioxidants available. Green Tea can also be used to treat acne and can be used as a toner at night to tighten pores and in the morning to brighten your skin. The caffeine in green tea helps make your eyes more awake. Green Tea’s polyphenols target free radicals, particularly those caused by UV-induced oxidative damage. I bet you will agree that Green Tea is a great ingredient to have in any skincare regimen.
Did you know Green Tea and Black Tea actually come from the same plant only Green Tea undergoes minimal processing and retains more nutrients?
A love affair with plants especially green leafy vegetables is probably one of the best things that could ever happen to you!
Beautiful skin is healthy skin. Toxic build up in your body is reflected in your skin. A plant-based diet can do wonders for your skin. Most of us eat very few fruits and vegetables to get enough antioxidants and vitamins needed for our body for optimum health. Antioxidants are compounds abundant in colorful fruits and vegetables. Patrick Holford in his book. The Optimum Nutrition Bible states that, ‘What you eat today, you wear tomorrow.” People who have low levels of antioxidants in their food tend to have rougher skin texture. When you consume fruits and vegetables, the vitamins and pigments in them make your skin look better, younger and fresher.
FOODS THAT PROMOTE HEALTHY LOOKING SKIN
1. H2O. Water is key. Our bodies are made up of 99% water and so hydrating our body is number one on the list of promoters of healthy looking skin. Drinking lots of water helps flush out toxins and keeps us glowing from the inside out.
2. Fish. Fish is contains protein which the body used to build collagen and elastin which keeps our skin nice and elastic. Fish also contain omega-3 fatty acids which promote skin health by working to reduce inflammation.
3. Nuts and Seeds. These also have omega-3 fatty acids that reduces inflammation and keeps the skin moisturized. Chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, hazel nuts are great also and excellent sources of the good fat your cells needs to function.
4. Fruits and Veggies. Top on my list is avocado which contains the good fats. Deep colored fruits such as bell peppers, carrots, green peppers, green leafy vegetables all get their color from compounds called carotenoids which help cells reproduce. Fruits and veggies are also a get source of vitamin C which the body needs to manufacture collagen which tends helps keep our skin elastic. Yes they are all connected.
Learn to love your fruits and veggies, they not only nourish your skin on the inside but also keep you beautiful on the outside.
Honey has had a long medicinal history. Honey has anti-bacterianl and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered one of nature’s best all around remedies. Honey contains flavonoids, anti-oxidants which some say help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease. Ancient olympians would eat honey to enhance their performance and modern research has found that honey is superior in maintaining glycogen levels unlike sugar.
Here are some tried and tested benefits of honey.
1.Boost energy. Use in tea or smoothie or juice to naturally boost energy.
2. Nourishes dry skin. Can be used as a moisturizer ti soften up knees and elbows because honey is a humectant and therefore attracts and retains moisture. This is why honey can be found in a variety of moisturizing products.
3. Rescues damaged hair. Honey can also be used as a hair moisturizer. Add a teaspoonful to your usual shampoo to soften hair.
4. Awesome facial. I personal love using honey on my face. Because it’s anti-bacterial it kills off the bacteria that get on the skin which could potentially cause acne. Use one teaspoon of honey and mix with a few drops of lemon. Leave on the face for about 30 minutes. Great for acne because it helps open up those pores as it penetrates to rid the skin of bacteria.
5. Relaxation. Adding a few teaspoon in a bathtub or jacuzzi will surely help you relax.
6. Glowing skin. Because honey is extremely moisturizing and soothing it goes give you a glow when used on skin. Cleopatra of Egypt regularly took honey and milk baths to maintain her youthful appearance.