Honey has had a long medicinal history. Honey has anti-bacterianl and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered one of nature’s best all around remedies. Honey contains flavonoids, anti-oxidants which some say help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease. Ancient olympians would eat honey to enhance their performance and modern research has found that honey is superior in maintaining glycogen levels unlike sugar.
Here are some tried and tested benefits of honey.
1.Boost energy. Use in tea or smoothie or juice to naturally boost energy.
2. Nourishes dry skin. Can be used as a moisturizer ti soften up knees and elbows because honey is a humectant and therefore attracts and retains moisture. This is why honey can be found in a variety of moisturizing products.
3. Rescues damaged hair. Honey can also be used as a hair moisturizer. Add a teaspoonful to your usual shampoo to soften hair.
4. Awesome facial. I personal love using honey on my face. Because it’s anti-bacterial it kills off the bacteria that get on the skin which could potentially cause acne. Use one teaspoon of honey and mix with a few drops of lemon. Leave on the face for about 30 minutes. Great for acne because it helps open up those pores as it penetrates to rid the skin of bacteria.
5. Relaxation. Adding a few teaspoon in a bathtub or jacuzzi will surely help you relax.
6. Glowing skin. Because honey is extremely moisturizing and soothing it goes give you a glow when used on skin. Cleopatra of Egypt regularly took honey and milk baths to maintain her youthful appearance.