Back to School is in full throttle. Bells are ringing…School buses are filled to capacity… Recess is back in effect. As parents we are excited to get our children back into the groove of the school environment, but we must also make sure that they are in the position to have the best school year of their lives, academically and socially. Therefore, we must help them to create healthy choices. We must produce Healthy Kids on the Go.
- Create a sleep schedule. Sleep is very important and vital to the health of your children. It is essential to good health and just as important as nutrition and exercise. Now that school is in, make sure that your kids aren’t still on a summer time sleep regimen. A lack of sleep will affect their performance in school, sometimes resulting in falling asleep in class and not paying attention causing them to earn low grades. Studies show that sleep also improves growth, helps the heart, and helps fight germs.
- Promote healthy eating habits. Now a days, students tend to skip lunch to hang out with their friends. Sometimes they just grab a bag a chips and a can of soda. As parents, we must provide our children with healthy eating options. Not only should we pack healthy foods in their lunch boxes, but we should also provide a nutritional breakfast and dinner. When children aren’t eating properly, they tend to lose focus. It becomes hard for them to concentrate. Eating the proper food provides energy and focus to support their ability to learn. Include foods that are rich in fiber and protein. You can pack a nice pasta salad, watermelon slices, carrots, tuna sandwich, or peanut and butter sandwich on a bagel. Check out recipes at: http://www.parents.com/kids/nutrition/lunch/healthy-school-lunches-snacks/.
- Promote water intake. Studies have stated that drinking water can improve brain function by 15%. Not drinking water causes dehydration. Children lose water throughout the day, and it is important for them to drink water on a continual basis. Studies have even suggested that water helps improve exam grades. Water not only boosts their metabolism and helps to flush out toxins, but it also helps prevent headaches. Children are unable to apply themselves 100% if they are dehydrated and not feeling well. Water may not be the #1 drink on your child’s list, but you must stress the importance of drinking water. Provide your child with 1 to 2 bottles of water in his or her lunch. You can also buy them a cool water bottle that will encourage them to drink and drop a teaspoon of Oringaa Original Blend to add a little protein, vitamins and minerals. Make it fun. Make it rewarding. Create a contest. If your children drink the appropriate amount of water a week, maybe you can reward them with a trip to the water park on Saturday. Going to the water park may be your child’s reward, but a having healthy child is yours.
- Less screen time. Yes, I know that this is the social media era, and entertainment is at an all- time high, but limiting your children’s screen time will pay off. Less screen time will leave more time for studying. Too much screen time could affect their bonding time with you, their physical activity, and sleep regimen. Children should be socially and physically active to keep their energy flowing. Also with all of the cyber bullying that surfaces on social media, it is important to limit their time on the telephone and other devices to decrease the chances of them facing cyber bullying problems. Watching too much television can produce unhealthy habits.
- Teach your children about positive self-messages. Being positive has a huge impact on your self-esteem. Whether you believe it or not, being positive creates a longer life span, lowers stress levels, and lessens the rate of depression. Having healthy kids on the go also details helping them to feel good about themselves. Help them to value healthy choices and relationships. Encourage their interests and passions. Create an affirmation that they can say every morning before they go to school. The affirmation should include uplifting and encouraging words that promote success and positive self-identity.
Healthy Kids, Healthy Life!
What are we missing here? How do you help your child have a successful school year? Share with us in the comments below.
Need an energy boost? Check out our Oringaa Original Blend. It’s energy that’s “Mother Nature” approved.
Whew! We are already in the 8th month of this year. If you are like me, you have been really busy and productive and are looking to recharge your energy. Check out these natural ways to make it happen!
- Water, water, water. Let’s start with the most common cause of fatigue. Dehydration can leave you drained. The magnificent idea of water is that it is everywhere. Carrying a water bottle with you on a daily basis can remind you to drink up to avoid fatigue.
- Power nap – A 30 minute power nap throughout your busy day can help restore energy. Some of us may be a little sleep deprived, but a 30 minute nap could enhance our productivity and make for a great recharge.
- Exercise – You don’t have to be a gym fanatic to exercise. Low moderate exercises such as taking a walk or light chores around the house like washing your car or vacuuming could be just what you need, and it doesn’t require too much time. You could burn a few calories in the process.
- Cut the sugar – Although sugar can give your blood level a spike which causes temporary alertness, the outcome can leave you weak. It is important to replace the sugar with something more nutritional such as fruit or almonds to obtain stable energy levels.
- Balanced diet – Eating a balanced diet that includes vegetables, fruits, protein, and whole grain can also enhance your energy levels. These foods supply the reserves you’ll need to stay energized throughout the day.
- Laugh the day away – Believe it or not, laughing could do wonders for your life. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins which creates optimism and self-confidence and decreases stress. Less stress, more energy.
- Sunshine – Go out and get a healthy dose of sunshine. Some experts say that a little bit of sun can elevate your mood and happiness, therefore, providing you more energy to go about your busy day.
- Vitamin B, Please – Vitamin B helps form healthy red blood cells and transforms the foods we eat into glucose which gives us energy. Increase your Vitamin B intake by adding foods such as chia seeds, granola cereal, and spinach – just to name a few – to your diet.
- Forgiveness – May sound strange, but forgiving others can boost our energy. When we hold in negative feelings and emotions concerning others, we thwart that energy. Forgiving others releases stress and enhances our vitality.
- Moringa Leaf Powder – Our powder is enriched with proteins, minerals, and vitamins. Just add a teaspoon or two to your green tea or water and witness an increase of energy. You can also check out a couple of Moringa recipes here and here.
Now it is your time to put one of these ways to use and recharge your energy level so that you can flourish throughout the rest of 2017!
It’s the Most Wonderful Season of the Year! The season of sunshine, beautiful weather, beach parties, and barbecues is here. We are about two weeks into the summer season, and I must say I am excited. Let’s make this summer delightful and productive. It’s time to develop some great healthy and nutritional habits.
Do you have summer goals? Maybe you want to lose weight, obtain clearer skin, get in shape for the your company’s annual 5K benefit race or have more energy to produce more results in your life. Take advantage of this summer, and have GOOD GREEN CLEAN FUN.
Fun is not just about watching the fluttering butterflies in the yard, enjoying a chilled glass of lemonade, lounging by the pool, or listening to the burgers sizzling on the grill. It is also about living a healthy lifestyle enriched with vast benefits. It doesn’t take rocket science or extensive knowledge about nutrition to have GOOD GREEN CLEAN FUN. It could be as easy as 1-2-3-4. Here are 4 tips to get you started.
• 1. Drink lots and lots of water. This tip could not be stressed enough. Water is essential to your overall health, and it helps you stay hydrated in this sizzling heat.
• 2. Doctor up your meals with fruits and vegetables. Add more spinach, kale, asparagus, strawberries, and watermelon on your plate.
• 3. Exercise more. Hit the gym. Hop on the treadmill. You might not be a fan of the gym, but you could still find ways to exercise. Pop in that workout DVD that has been on your shelf for months. Take a nice refreshing walk around the neighborhood, or go to a local park. You could even go for a bike ride.
• 4. Stay revitalized with healthy drinks. Enjoy a glass of cranberry juice, green tea, or pomegranate juice—just to name a few. Better yet, turn those drinks into miracle drinks by simply adding a few teaspoons of our 100% Moringa Leaf Powder that’s loaded with all types of benefits helping you to obtain great summer skin and a volt of energy.
Here’s to a GOOD GREEN CLEAN SUMMER!!!
Thanks for reading!!! Please sign up here to receive email updates on new products, blog posts, special promotions, and sales.
It’s been heart-warming to see all the reviews from mums turning to baby products for beauty. We have asked one of them, Lauren, to expand on this new trend. Enjoy the read below.
Here’s Lauren’s story. “I am particular about my skin. I used to use what I thought was the best natural product in the market to double cleanse my skin. So, I was surprised when I began to have some skin irritation. A visit to the dermatologist was an eye opener. Using a magnifying glass, she inspected my skin and found there was still makeup on my face, along the hair line and my past my jaw area. Mind you, I had not put on makeup that day as I knew I was going to see the dermatologist. In fact because of the skin irritation, I had not put on make-up for about two days prior. So where was this make-up residue coming from?
Turns out, the dermatologist has seen many patients with the same problem. Many people do not thoroughly cleanse their skin enough to remove make-up from their face. Make-up residue can be found everywhere, from the crevices of the nose to the hairline and sometimes inside the ear. It was quite common. I left the doctor’s office with tips on how to thoroughly cleanse my skin. Because the Mummy’s miracle baby products were already working for my baby’s sensitive skin, I decided to give the Wash and Shampoo a go and also double cleanse with the Moringa oil.
1. Oil Cleansing: I had heard about oil cleansing a few months prior and had been using a perfumed oil from the local store, which I suspect was the reason I started to breakout. Finding the Miracle in the Green Moringa oil was huge because it is fragrance-free. It’s difficult to find cleansing oils that are fragrance-free. I use this natural skin cleanser first as a make-up remover. On damp skin, I splatter on some of the oil. Then, I massage my face for one full minute. The doctor added that singing in your head could help you time yourself. She suggested singing, ‘Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. How old are you now, How old are you now, How old are you now. How old are you now. Many more years to you. Many more years to you. Many more years to you. Many more years to you. It used to take me less than 5 seconds to oil cleanse but massaging my face with Miracle in the Green’s Moringa oil for one full minute has made all the difference.
At first, one minute seemed like forever, now I can categorically state that it’s the best one minute investment of my day. My skin is transformed. It’s clean, soft, free of acne and literally glows.
Natural cleansers: Combined with the oil, I use the Mummy’s Miracle Baby Wash. Let me tell you it’s the best $11 investment ever. I have used many cleansers and I have found that my combination of the Moringa oil and the Wash has made all the difference on my skin. This wash is natural, free of minerals and cleans your face. I have been using it for my baby but when I hit a road block in my search for non-drying cleansers, I decided to try it because it was natural and great for sensitive skin. It worked so well to my amazement. So, I looked further and found that it contains a blend of skin beneficial oils which tend to emulsify better after massaging it into the skin – a must if you decide to use a daily oil cleansing step. The wash is free of SLS (sodium lauryl/ laureth sulfates) which help lather the cleanser but also disrupts the Ph balance of the skin causing breakouts and irritations. This wash uses other botanical based surfactants for a deep yet gentle cleanse. And that’s why it works. Don’t forget to hydrate your lips with the nipple balm. Yes, you can use it as a lip moisturizer and it’s also fragrance-free.”
It’s so refreshing to learn that our lovely mums have turned to their baby products for beauty. We are happy to know it’s working for them.
Love + Miracles,